An innovative learning event was organized by the Hospitality Management department to showcase the talent of the students who are being trained to work as Chefs. There were twelve participants from the BHHA 1st Semester batch. The items prepared by them were ‘grilled chicken with brown sauce’, ‘butter chicken with jeera rice’ and ‘blanched vegetables and mashed potatoes’.
The students were divided into four teams to compete with each other.
The modes of examining the foods were varied.
- a. tasting the preparations
- b. checking the method of cooking
- c. checking the nutritional value
- d. checking the texture of the food and
- e. understanding the proper combination of ingredients.
Each team excelled in all the criteria. Such a practical-oriented learning session gave the students immense scope to excel in their subject.