23-03-2020 . Public
ANNOUNCEMENT : Commencement of Online Classes from 25th March, 2020 during Campus closure
Dear student & guardians,
As you are aware all our campuses have been closed since 15th March, 2020 as per government directives in order to combat the spread of COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel Coronavirus. We hope that all of you are safe and your family and friends across the country or the world are coping up okay.
The campus closure was earlier scheduled till 31st March, 2020 but has since been extended to 15th April, 2020. A month-long break is sure to hamper academic progress hence IIAS faculties and staff have been working behind the scenes over the last week to come up with contingency solutions. In order to ensure continued pedagogical delivery, IIAS has decided to start offering study material via digital learning and also conduct online classes via videoconference.
Please note that:
- From 25th March, 2020 classes will be conducted via Google Classroom and Hangouts Meet by Google.
- Within the next couple of days all students will be receiving their official IIAS email ID on their personal emails registered with the college. In case you have not received your email ID, you may check with your classmates, check Spam mail box or send an e-mail to email@example.com. with a CC to your Class Advisor to help resolve the issue.
- Your IIAS email ID will give you access to Gmail, Google Drive, Google Classroom and other tools required to take active participation in the online classes.
- Where necessary, Continuous Assessments will be conducted online.
- All information henceforth will be sent to your IIAS email IDs so you must ensure that you check them regularly or add them to your phone’s Mail app or Gmail app.
I appreciate all IIASers patience and understanding of the grave situation that the world is going through and hope you will find these changes in operations to your benefit. We understand some of you may have problems in the first few days to deal with the new systems, at any time, you may do a simple Google Search for the issue or refer to Google’s detailed support section. If the issue still persists, once again you may reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe & take all necessary precautions and do take this very seriously.