Associate Professor - Business Analytics
Siliguri, West Bengal, India | Full-time
This is a senior teaching-cum-administrative position. The right candidate may be considered for a Head of Department role.
- delivering lectures, seminars and tutorials in relevant subjects;
- developing and implementing new methods of teaching;
- designing, preparing and developing teaching materials;
- assessing students’ coursework;
- setting and marking examinations;
- supporting students through an advisory role;
- supervising students’ activities;
- carrying out administrative tasks related to the department;
- representing the institution at professional conferences and seminars, and contributing to these as necessary;
- establishing collaborative links outside IIAS with industrial, commercial and public organisations.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Must demonstrate an excellent understanding of today’s business landscape and the ability to connect business scenarios with curricular content.
- Ph.D. in relevant domain with a minimum 55% marks at Bachelor’s or Master’s level in the relevant branch of study with 10 years experience in Teaching / Industry / Research out of which 5 years must be at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent.
- Publications in well-rated journals are desired
- Ph.D. or Masters from a renowned institute mandatory
Our ideal candidate will need to demonstrate that you are committed to:
- building caring relationships with your students;
- engaging students for learning;
- creating stimulating learning environments;
- designing assessments for learning;
- providing constructive feedback;
- professional development;
- collaborative work with your peers and
- mastery of your subject area.